The Internet has become a very significant force for the last decade. Now the majority of people cannot imagine their lives without Internet access. It is used for finding new information, communicating with friends, carrying out payment transactions, purchasing various items, or booking holidays. The last two points make the Internet a valuable distributional channel.
If a person is going to purchase a certain thing online, they mostly type the name of desired good in a search engine and typically goes through three result pages before choosing a suitable seller. Being present on those pages is crucial for a company that sells such product. Otherwise, there is a small chance that the customers will find that online shop.
Search engine marketing is an efficient method to find and retain the potential customers. The multitude of related web pages reduces the chance to guide potential clients to websites. An optimal position in search engines is a necessity. Here are 5 effective solutions for small businesses that intend to increase online sales.
- Stay in touch with your customers
Superior customer service is the main key to increase online sales. Listen to your clients and find out their needs and preferences. Provide them with full information about your goods. Form a list of emails by asking each client for contact information.
It is important to know what others think of you. Always monitor and respond to online reviews in a helpful and respectful manner to demonstrate how much you care about your clients’ experiences.
- Use keywords
Making a website available on the first pages of search engines is a priority for any business. Relevant keywords can considerably assist you with this. They should be the words that you want to be shown when your client is searching for the products or services you offer. For example, if you are in the business of providing custom research paper writing service, you may want to include “check custom research paper writing service” or “best custom research paper writing service” on your site. Ideally, these keywords should be organically in-woven within the actual text on your web page.
- Increase your online sales through social media
Using social media is one of the great ways to increase sales in retail. What is more important is that you can potentially do it without paying.
With Twitter, you can:
- Build up a long-lasting relationship with your potential audience.
- Stay in touch with your existing customers.
- Find new clients in your specific area.
There are numerous ways to increase online esales on Facebook, what you need to do is to tell a story. Write a story about your good and find ways to connect with the audience. The best ways to do it are:
- Have your content running to let the customers understand more the product or services you offer.
- Enable the followers of your page to produce their own user-generated content.
- Setup an application tab on Facebook to list your top items.
Pinterest enables you to promote your site too:
- Create specific infographics about the products you are offering. It will help get more exposure on Pinterest.
- Advertise your online shop within the Pinterest application to make the visitors easily find your page.
If you don’t know how to increase online sales, try YouTube channel. YouTube videos allow you to show up better in search results and get customers more familiar with your brand. To do that, you need to:
- Use video testimonials to build social proof and help observers identify what you are selling.
- Form a personality on YouTube – find someone who can talk about your products to appear more prominently in the channel system.
- Make video reviews.
SlideShare is a wonderful solution to create a PDF or slides. It gives the opportunity to popularize your business in a different way.
- Develop the slides with different products. Suggest some tips about how a consumer can use an item. Provide information to enable the user to know more about your goods.
- Present testimonials and reviews on each slide you have on Pinterest.
- Promote the slides on LinkedIn.
Produce a lot of blog posts centered on your products before the holiday season starts. WordPress, Blogger, and Tumblr are the most popular resources for blogging.
- Do product reviews as blog posts to generate product-specific content for your small business vertical and have visitors get more familiar with your brand.
- Invite readers to guest blog on your page.
- Find other blogs in your niche and become a guest blogger to build your authority and get backlinks for SEO.
- Build credibility and trust.
Another unique technique of connecting with your audience and building your story is doing podcasts. This method ensures different ideas to increase sales in retail.
- Write your story. When people listen to your podcast, it will allow them to understand how your items can help in their daily life.
- Your podcast will dramatically improve your reach by appearing in widespread audio software like iTunes.
- Insert promotion or audio calls for action to make listeners visit your page.
- Suggest diversified payment methods for your customers
If you want to improve sales with your online store, you need to provide your customers with more payment options. When picking up a partner for payment processing, consider all risks and be aware of which payment options they offer. Don’t stop with one partner as people like when they have several options. Credit card or debit card options should be included. Modern businesses are moving towards online payment methods. eCheck is an excellent alternative for those who wish to be fully digital. Bitcoin is turning to be an increasingly trendy payment method, especially on the international level. PayPal and Due also promote digital wallet solutions that enable customers to purchase goods on their accounts.
- Apply promotional codes
Promo codes serve as a powerful instrument to target new consumers. Promotional codes differ from discounts, and it is crucial to recognize the difference. You can advertise promo codes both on your web page and other sites as well. They are typically applied just before the payment is made. A promo code is one of the deciding factors of whether or not your clients make their purchase.