Getting started as a small business on Pinterest can be tricky! Pinterest has its own Pinteresting jargon, which can be frustrating. We’re reviewing some of the most popular terms and their definitions to make it even easier for you.
What is Pinterest, anyway?
Pinterest is a visual bookmarking tool that helps you discover and save creative ideas. Unlike other social bookmarking sites, content shared on Pinterest is driven entirely by visuals. In fact, you can’t share something on Pinterest unless an image is involved.
Pinterest Glossary of Terms:
- PIN (noun) : A piece of content shared on Pinterest; contains an image, description and source
- PINBOARD (noun) : A collection of theme-based pins; also known as a board
- PINNING (verb) : The act of sharing visual content
- REPIN (verb) : The act of sharing an existing pin that was added to Pinterest by another user
- PIN IT BUTTON (noun) : A website button that facilitates sharing on Pinterest. Download the Pin It button for your browser here.
- PINNER (noun) : A Pinterest user